We were so excited to celebrate Halloween with Skyla this year! I looked around for some good family Halloween costumes online and decided we would be a bee family: Tory was the beekeeper, I was the Queen Bee, and Skyla was a sweet little baby bumblebee. I don't know how to sew but I wanted to make at least part of the costume, so I got a whole bunch of tulle from JoAnne fabrics to make some tutus for Skyla and myself. I told the lady at the store that I was really excited to be making the costumes but since the store was packed I don't think she was very interested. Here are some pics of us getting our girl ready, including her Daddy putting on her first big girl tights:
We got to celebrate Halloween twice, which was pretty cool. First, we went to Gill's awesome party up in the Los Gatos hills. The decorations were out of control, and there were lots of great costumes and of course delicious food. They literally covered all the walls with wallpaper that made it look like we were in an old castle, and every other surface was pretty much decorated too. You can't tell from the photos, but the skeletons at the end actually moved!
They had a good selection of beer too, but the beekeeper in our family had a little trouble drinking it and staying in costume. I had an easier time with the wine, which was delicious.
We got to celebrate Halloween twice, which was pretty cool. First, we went to Gill's awesome party up in the Los Gatos hills. The decorations were out of control, and there were lots of great costumes and of course delicious food. They literally covered all the walls with wallpaper that made it look like we were in an old castle, and every other surface was pretty much decorated too. You can't tell from the photos, but the skeletons at the end actually moved!
They had a good selection of beer too, but the beekeeper in our family had a little trouble drinking it and staying in costume. I had an easier time with the wine, which was delicious.
Several people were really impressed with our costume, especially since Tory was holding a bee he had "caught"! A few people actually came up to us and said, "Wow what a realistic costume! It looks just like a real baby!" One dimwit actually touched her head when she said that and I almost lost it, but instead replied that it was in fact a real baby, she was just asleep!
On Monday (Halloween night) we got to dress up again so we could go trick-or-treating with Roma, Geordie, and Jolene. Roma was a beautiful fairy princess, Geordie was prohibition-era tough guy business man, and Jolene made an unbelievable jellyfish costume. Everyone looked great!
love the busy bee family! too cute! i need to learn to sew too!
ReplyDelete