We have been doing a lot of celebrating around here lately (hence no posts since the beginning of the month). It wasn't until I looked back at the photos I've taken recently that I realized just how much fun we've been having all month long. I'm going to keep the narration to a minimum and just let the fun speak for itself...
First up: LHS graduation. Skyla had a great time; you could say she ate it all up :)
Next up: my birthday. I went out in North Beach with Molly, Jenny, and Hoai, and we had a great time!
Ok I have no idea why Jenny is not in any of those pictures but there are some great ones. On my actual birthday Tory made us an awesome breakfast feast (he had hidden all the groceries in the beer fridge outside -- sneaky! My parents came later that day and watched Skyla so we could finally go see The Avengers, then we all went to dinner at a great restaurant around the corner. Great day!
Next major event was my bro's bday in San Jose. We went to Bucca di Beppo and the food was surprisingly good. The company was of course wonderful :)
I don't remember the exact date of this next event but I think it came next: the end-of-year picnic for La Piccola Scuola! We went and got to meet a couple of nice people, plus the director. We had fun just rolling around on the grass too!
Had enough yet? Not us! Next up: Tory's first Father's Day! We started the festivities early by going to Noe Valley Summerfest, an event on 24th street with all kinds of fun things like a hay ride, a bounce house, face painting, and free samples from local stores. Skyla was too young for almost everything, but we did have some fun at the petting zoo. We just looked from the outside at first, but eventually she felt brave enough to go in with her Daddy.
Skyla got her Daddy a very nice gift and helped him open it too. It was a pair of athletic sandals that he can slip on and off when he's going to and from the backyard (very helpful when a cleaning Nazi is always on your case!)
My mom brought my grandma up and the three of us went to church while she watched the baby (so Tory actually got a chance to hear the sermon instead of having to walk her around). Then we enjoyed a fabulous lunch made my yours truly. I made sweet potato enchiladas and tortilla soup, which I'd never made before, but it was a smashing success!
And if all that wasn't enough, there was one more birthday that we celebrated as a family. We went to Potrero Hill Park for Becks' first birthday! Skyla was very excited because this was her first baby birthday party. They had a really cute hip hop theme, a professional photographer who got some adorable shots of Skyla, a photo backdrop hand-painted by Natalie's husband Alex, and awesome food. Oh, and mimosas. Can't forget the mimosas.
Phew! I can't wait to see what next month will bring!
First up: LHS graduation. Skyla had a great time; you could say she ate it all up :)
Next up: my birthday. I went out in North Beach with Molly, Jenny, and Hoai, and we had a great time!
Ok I have no idea why Jenny is not in any of those pictures but there are some great ones. On my actual birthday Tory made us an awesome breakfast feast (he had hidden all the groceries in the beer fridge outside -- sneaky! My parents came later that day and watched Skyla so we could finally go see The Avengers, then we all went to dinner at a great restaurant around the corner. Great day!
Next major event was my bro's bday in San Jose. We went to Bucca di Beppo and the food was surprisingly good. The company was of course wonderful :)
I don't remember the exact date of this next event but I think it came next: the end-of-year picnic for La Piccola Scuola! We went and got to meet a couple of nice people, plus the director. We had fun just rolling around on the grass too!
Had enough yet? Not us! Next up: Tory's first Father's Day! We started the festivities early by going to Noe Valley Summerfest, an event on 24th street with all kinds of fun things like a hay ride, a bounce house, face painting, and free samples from local stores. Skyla was too young for almost everything, but we did have some fun at the petting zoo. We just looked from the outside at first, but eventually she felt brave enough to go in with her Daddy.
Skyla got her Daddy a very nice gift and helped him open it too. It was a pair of athletic sandals that he can slip on and off when he's going to and from the backyard (very helpful when a cleaning Nazi is always on your case!)
My mom brought my grandma up and the three of us went to church while she watched the baby (so Tory actually got a chance to hear the sermon instead of having to walk her around). Then we enjoyed a fabulous lunch made my yours truly. I made sweet potato enchiladas and tortilla soup, which I'd never made before, but it was a smashing success!
And if all that wasn't enough, there was one more birthday that we celebrated as a family. We went to Potrero Hill Park for Becks' first birthday! Skyla was very excited because this was her first baby birthday party. They had a really cute hip hop theme, a professional photographer who got some adorable shots of Skyla, a photo backdrop hand-painted by Natalie's husband Alex, and awesome food. Oh, and mimosas. Can't forget the mimosas.
Phew! I can't wait to see what next month will bring!
No comments:
Post a Comment