family

family

Monday, July 30, 2012

June 29th

Today was a very important day.  It was sad vfor our family, as it marked the one-year anniversary of Jane's death.  We knew we wanted to commemorate the day somehow but weren't sure how to do it.  We asked our favorite pastor if he could meet with us to help us sort out our feelings, and he was happy to oblige.  We met with him and talked for almost two hours, and afterwards we felt lighter, happier, and more at peace.  He reminded us to take time out to talk about how we're feeling, but also try not to dwell on the past or be afraid of the future.  We brought our beautiful girl with us and for the most part she was happy to play by herself :)

My parents came over afterwards and we talked about Jane, but we also talked about the other important milestone of the day: Skyla turning 11 months! We played a lot and I made a promise to be as present with her as possible to make the final month of her official babyhood last as long as possible.  






We got a few gorgeous shots of her at the end of the evening before putting her down to bed, and I posted one with just that idea: I will do my best to live in the moment and appreciate what I have now, because I know it will won't last forever.  That's one of the ideas I discovered with Existentialism and it helps keep me grounded and enjoy my amazing life!









No comments:

Post a Comment