We opened all of Skyla's presents the day after her party on her actual birthday. I made us a yummy breakfast, complete with pancakes shaped like the first letter of our names. Skyla of course loved the wrapping paper and gift bags more than the stuff inside at first. We have had lots of fun since then playing with the new toys, reading the Italian books, and listening to her new Italian cd's. A few people who couldn't make it to the party even sent gifts for her, which was wonderful. It is so nice to have such sweet, loving, generous friends and family!
The other big post-party event was her 1-year check-up with Dr. Solomon. It was a bittersweet visit; although she is perfectly healthy and is right where she should be, we have lost our health insurance and will no longer be able to go see this doctor. I started crying when I explained our situation, and Dr. Solomon was very understanding and sympathetic. He told us that we didn't need to get the vaccinations right away (they were astronomically expensive) and assured us that we could wait on them until we had new insurance. Even without the shots, Skyla was skeptical of the whole visit and couldn't wait to get out of there. I had to take one picture of her with her doctor who she's seen since she was just a few weeks old, but who unfortunately we cannot return to.
The other big post-party event was her 1-year check-up with Dr. Solomon. It was a bittersweet visit; although she is perfectly healthy and is right where she should be, we have lost our health insurance and will no longer be able to go see this doctor. I started crying when I explained our situation, and Dr. Solomon was very understanding and sympathetic. He told us that we didn't need to get the vaccinations right away (they were astronomically expensive) and assured us that we could wait on them until we had new insurance. Even without the shots, Skyla was skeptical of the whole visit and couldn't wait to get out of there. I had to take one picture of her with her doctor who she's seen since she was just a few weeks old, but who unfortunately we cannot return to.
cant wait to see that little face!!
ReplyDelete