The most amazing thing happened to me on 9/11. Skyla woke up at about 5:30 to eat. I changed her, started feeding her, and did what I often do during feedings: I checked the news on my phone. The top story was the 9/11 10th-anniversary memorial, which was already airing on tv. I turned it on just as they were starting the first moment of silence. I kept it on after she was done eating, and watched as family members recited names of the victims. It was very emotional, especially when the children went up there, so I immediately started to cry. I looked over at Skyla and she must have known her mommy was sad because she responded in the most perfect way that just melted my heart: she gave me her first real smile. I started to laugh through the tears and kissed her over and over again. She's so young and she already knows how to make me so happy!
Since then she has been a smiling machine. Geordie told me we should call her smilin' Skyla. I agree!
These last two are from the other day when we played with toys from Fiona and Serena. She just loves them, as you can see.
Since then she has been a smiling machine. Geordie told me we should call her smilin' Skyla. I agree!
These last two are from the other day when we played with toys from Fiona and Serena. She just loves them, as you can see.
No comments:
Post a Comment