I didn't want to do a huge birthday party/celebration for myself this year (in fact, I don't know that I ever want to again!) so this year we decided to just have a few friends over for dinner. We were very happy that Melissa and Joel were visiting so they could come, along with Casey and Matt, and Natalie. We did make-your-own BBQ pizza and had a little champagne bar so everyone got to make fancy girly drinks. We also broke the news that we were expecting in a creative way. It was Tory's idea to tell them with a message on the cake, which was fun, but it was hard to not spill the beans!
A few days later we were finally ready to break the news to everyone else. We decided to have Skyla help us deliver the message by doing a little photo shoot of her wearing a Big Sister t-shirt. We kept asking her if she wanted a sister or brother and her reactions were hilarious!
First, total shock:
Then, anger. No! I don't want to share my parents!
Then, excitement. Yay! A playmate!
Then, an interesting notion. Hmmmm I wonder what I can get away with...
And finally, a realization. I'm gonna have to be tough to take care of my sibling. I got this.
No comments:
Post a Comment