We just got back from a couple of weeks in Florida and it was fun but quite a long trip for our little one. Of course I took a million pictures so I'm going to post about the trip in installments. First, getting there: we took a plane from San Fran to Orlando, which was Skyla's longest flight so far. Thank God our flight wasn't full so we got a whole row to ourselves. We also had our new Ergo and Skyla let her Daddy hold her in it at least for a little while. We were nice and calm for most of it, and even though Skyla didn't sleep very much she did great for such a long flight!
First stop: Magic Kingdom! We got there nice and early (no easy feat getting everyone out of the house but Master and Commander Tory made everyone breakfast and got us out the door.) Brenda rented a double stroller so Skyla and her cousin Natalie got to ride together. They had fun taking out each other's pacifiers but here they are being very friendly and holding hands :)
We took the magical boat over to the park and were all full of excitement. Once we got there I immediately took a picture because they do such a good job of transporting you to a different world right away.
A few more pictures of our day. It was fun but LONG. Thank God the planners of this trip knew to schedule a day off in between each park day!
I asked Tory to snap a few pics of the parade that went by. I had a perfectly fine time watching the babes sleeping peacefully side by side :)
Getting home was a different story :( Again we were blessed with our own row, so we took a couple of pictures of our big girl in her own seat (don't worry we didn't leave her there for more than a second!) but Skyla was a maniac wanting to play with EVERYTHING. She kept hitting the touch screen in front of my seat and the guy in front of me was not impressed. We tried getting her to sleep a little bit but even lying her down on the empty seat didn't work and you can't exactly let a baby cry it out on an airplane. So we ended up taking turns holding her and playing with her for about a half an hour at a time and eventually we got back to SF!
We took the magical boat over to the park and were all full of excitement. Once we got there I immediately took a picture because they do such a good job of transporting you to a different world right away.
I asked Tory to snap a few pics of the parade that went by. I had a perfectly fine time watching the babes sleeping peacefully side by side :)
We went on tons of rides (and we were able to do so mostly because Tory's mom watched the babies most of the day!) but I'm only including a few from the ride we all got to go on together: Pirates of the Caribbean!
Below is a pic of us in front of the famous rose garden, where Tory took me many years ago. He told a long story about how that's where people go to propose to their girlfriends, and I almost passed out because I was only 18 and I thought he was gonna get down on one knee! He didn't and he has no recollection of the story, but it was funny to be there together 12 years later!
One last cute shot of Mara Minnie Mouse! All in all, a great day :)
No comments:
Post a Comment