family

family

Monday, May 7, 2012

Disney Trip Part 3

One of the most tiring days was our day at Sea World, mostly because it was just so hot!  Thankfully they had a nice nursing room that I got to use a couple of times (the first shot below).  We had a good time though going on a few rides and seeing a few shows.  The best one, of course, was Shamu!




I loved holding Skyla in the Ergo but it obviously made it hard to take pictures!  Tory held her for a bit, when he wasn't busy submitting pictures to this pre-show game they had.  I ended up on the big screen at the end, and so did Mara! (Look closely below: I'm on the bottom right, then Mara is on the bottom left).


Later that day we cooled off by the pool and I taught Mae a few words in Italian so she could play with her cousin :)


We had another off day by the public pool, then a fun time at Rainforest Cafe in Downtown Disney.  One of the coolest parts of that area is the displays made completely out of Legos!


And now the moment we've all been waiting for: Epcot!!!  This is Tory's favorite park, and I have to say after our visit it's my favorite as well.  A couple of notes: when I was little, I thought that famous ball was the entire amusement park (I literally thought they could fit the whole place inside a ball); the fourth pic below shows us in front of that attraction (actually a very cool ride) and a beautiful Mickey made completely out of flowers behind us!




I took lots of pictures of rides during the whole trip, but I'm including the ones from Epcot because they were among the best.  We raced over to Mission Space and were lucky to not have to wait in line.  There were at least 500 signs warning you not to ride if you don't like confined spaces, being in the dark, or spinning.  We all read the signs and decided to go on the ride anyway.  One thing I have to say about Disney is that they really do a great job building up the experience of each ride.  We were given "Launch Tickets" and assigned to Team 1.  We were so excited but also nervous!



It was definitely a cool experience but I wanted to die the minute it was over.  Tory and I had gone out dancing the night before and it wasn't until after the ride was over that I felt hungover :(  We soldiered on to the next ride, but it was much more tame.  We learned all about the seas and had a great time at an attraction where the "turtle dude" from "Finding Nemo" talks to the audience.  It was so funny!


Probably the best ride of the entire trip was Soarin', where you feel like you're flying over all sorts of cool sights in California.  We got a Fast Pass for that ride so we didn't have to wait in 1.5 hour lines.


 One more morning ride: Captain EO!  I'd never been and they recently brought it back so we went for it. First, a family pic with the King of Pop.

We learned after the first few really hard, long days that we and the babies needed plenty of breaks. Luckily there was a really nice baby center where we got to feed and play with the little ones.


 Afterwards we walked around and played this cool spy game, where they give you a phone with instructions and the park sort of interacts with you (as do the employees) to help you solve mysteries.  I carried Skyla and she happily slept the whole time :)  Mae was rewarded for her spy skills with an awesome disguise at the end!




We didn't get to go tour all the countries because it was getting late and we were really tired, but we did get a chance to drink a good old fashioned German beer.

We had a great time the first time around, and got really lucky when we returned to Orlando for the end of our trip; somehow the tickets Tory's mom bought had multiple extra days on them, so we got to go back to Epcot!  We met our friend Jackie and her sister there and had a great time attempting to "drink around the world" (you buy a drink in each "country" in Epcot and see how far you can get.  We knew this would be crazy difficult so we split the drinks in each place and still couldn't get all the way through.  We had fun watching a cover band sing classic British rock in the UK and laughed that that's the first concert we've been to since before I got pregnant!  The highlight of the day was lunch at an awesome Italian place where I insisted to the waiter that we speak only in Italian.  We split a humungous 4-cheese pizza and dreamed of the day we can bring our bambina to that beautiful country for real.






No comments:

Post a Comment