We had a fabulous time celebrating my first Mother's Day with some of the coolest moms around: my mom, my grandma, and Jolene. We started by going to church, and it was a really cool service that included beautiful singing from an opera soloist and poetry written by women about motherhood. The first song we all sang together was the one my mom used to sing to me when I was little, and it felt so right to sing it with her and with Skyla right there too.
After that we went to our house and Tory and I prepared a delicious lunch. I thought he looked so handsome in his pink shirt and my apron ;)
To work off all that delicious food, we went out to our backyard to play a little bit on the brand-new grass. The grass didn't like it very much, and Skyla liked it even less :(
Since the backyard play time wasn't working so well for all involved, we went to the park. It was a beautiful day so I expected it to be packed, but the playground was surprisingly quiet. I got a few pics of the fun, and a very special one with 4 generations of beautiful ladies. We had lots of fun playing, then the San Jose crew headed back down. We stayed for a little fun with both of our "daughters." Notice the pics at the end of Lily hangin out on her own street!
After that we went to our house and Tory and I prepared a delicious lunch. I thought he looked so handsome in his pink shirt and my apron ;)
Geordie, Jolene, and Roma brought beautiful bouquets of flowers for all the moms, and Roma had a lot of fun handing them all out to us. It was too cute!
I only got one pic of the food, but it was all really good. I made my mama one of her favorite Greek specialties, spanakopita. We had my fave Caesar salad, and for dessert baklava and something I invented: Greek yogurt with cinnamon and Stevia, grilled peaches, and caramelized walnuts. Yum!To work off all that delicious food, we went out to our backyard to play a little bit on the brand-new grass. The grass didn't like it very much, and Skyla liked it even less :(
Since the backyard play time wasn't working so well for all involved, we went to the park. It was a beautiful day so I expected it to be packed, but the playground was surprisingly quiet. I got a few pics of the fun, and a very special one with 4 generations of beautiful ladies. We had lots of fun playing, then the San Jose crew headed back down. We stayed for a little fun with both of our "daughters." Notice the pics at the end of Lily hangin out on her own street!
No comments:
Post a Comment