family

family

Saturday, April 13, 2013

Valentine's Day 2013


Valentine's Day was quite an event for us this year.  We agreed to give each other presents as we always do, and I reminded Tory about it no less than 10 times to make sure he would come through with something good.    We started our little celebration the day before at LPSI.  Tory asked me if Skyla was going to give out valentines to everyone and I hadn't thought about it until then.  I made one for everyone as well as a big one for Adriana.  Everyone was really happy with them and after the first few Skyla got the hang of it and started giving them out herself.  It was so cute watching her do that and of course I thought about the day when she gives them out to a real valentine -- hopefully a looooong time in the future!  We made cookies during the play time that were baked right away so we could enjoy them during snack time.  Skyla ate part of one which was her first cookie ever and pretty much her first ever sweet.  Tory came towards the end and we all had lots of fun singing the songs together.  At the end Skyla and Vesper gave Adriana a forever hug, and then Skyla gave Tory the honor of walking out with him, hand in hand.










 




That night Tory gave me my first present: he told me that he planned to take the whole day off of work on the actual Valentine's Day so we could spend it together as a family!  In the morning we went to CCSF and Skyla wore a very special outfit: a dress I used to wear when I was her age covered with cute little hearts!  One of her little friends gave her a very special valentine of teddy grahams (bear hugs!) and she enjoyed them immensely (the few I let her have that is -- she would have devoured the whole package easily)  We hung out together at home the rest of the day then gave each other gifts that night.  What a great day!
















No comments:

Post a Comment