family

family

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Christmas Dinner with family and friends

After our fun-filled Christmas brunch, we took a little break, then headed down to San Jose for Geordie and Jolene's Christmas Dinner.  We had a great time!  Skyla wore her beautiful new red dress and we enjoyed tons of good food.  Many of Geordie and Jolene's friends were there and everyone had a great time.  I got a little silly with my girl and took some pics somehow using my phone (I managed to make it face us so I could still see what I was taking a picture of kind of like a mirror -- wish I knew what I did so I could take some more like these!)  As you can see she loved the effect!



During dinner I was telling Jolene and Roma that I think Skyla is getting big enough to eat solid foods.  I told them the doctor said it would probably happen before six months and that night she was really exhibiting some of the signs: reaching for my food, bringing her hand to her mouth, and drooling up a storm!  I think Roma took this all to mean that she was ready for big people food and she actually ran over and put a piece of rice in her mouth!  I managed to get it out of her mouth and explained to Roma that Skyla isn't ready just yet!  I actually started crying at the dinner table thinking about how big she's gotten and how fast it has all gone by, just like everybody said it would.  I felt like such a loser but I just can't help it sometimes.  Here's me holding onto my big girl, who's getting bigger all the time:

My Dad managed to get a couple of cute ones of the fam as well.  Here's a rare shot of the three of us (because I'm always the one taking pictures!) as well as another keeper of me and the babe

The fun didn't end there!  We actually went to my parents' house afterwards and picked up a mattress and box spring for our bed, then Tory and Geordie someone got them to stay on top of our Prius.  We drove very slowly all the way back to San Francisco, constantly looking to make sure they both were still on top of the car, and got home safely.  I thought for sure that was gonna be our National Lampoon's moment, but it actually turned out to be an uneventful, perfect first Christmas for our girl.  I wouldn't have it any other way.

No comments:

Post a Comment