Finally the night Santa arrives! I was so excited to wrap some presents for my little girl. We got our first taste of what it will be like to get ready for Christmas once she's older, as the wrapping took a little longer than expected and we were all up very late. It was worth it though, and I had lots of fun, especially writing the little cards on the gifts.
We wanted to start some new traditions as a family, based on ones we used to do when we were little. One of the most important ones to me was watching "A Christmas Carol" with George C. Scott on Christmas Eve. I made us a big bowl of popcorn and we sat down to watch it as a family.
She stayed up way past her bedtime but the payoff was that we got to do another cherished family tradition: opening up one gift on Christmas Eve! I gave Tory his gift first. I FINALLY started our wedding scrapbook and promised that even though we have a baby we will try our best to go on dates every once in a while. I included a gift certificate to restaurants.com for $500 so we should be able to go on lots of dates with that! He got me a baby book, which I'd been saying I really needed because there are so many things I feel like I'm doing wrong or just don't know! We got Skyla the perfect outfit for her to open her Christmas gifts in. Here's a little preview :)
We wanted to start some new traditions as a family, based on ones we used to do when we were little. One of the most important ones to me was watching "A Christmas Carol" with George C. Scott on Christmas Eve. I made us a big bowl of popcorn and we sat down to watch it as a family.
She stayed up way past her bedtime but the payoff was that we got to do another cherished family tradition: opening up one gift on Christmas Eve! I gave Tory his gift first. I FINALLY started our wedding scrapbook and promised that even though we have a baby we will try our best to go on dates every once in a while. I included a gift certificate to restaurants.com for $500 so we should be able to go on lots of dates with that! He got me a baby book, which I'd been saying I really needed because there are so many things I feel like I'm doing wrong or just don't know! We got Skyla the perfect outfit for her to open her Christmas gifts in. Here's a little preview :)
No comments:
Post a Comment