family

family

Saturday, June 15, 2013

Family Fun in San Jose


Kyle and his family came up for a visit as part of an alumni soccer game he was playing in at Santa Clara.  The visit was a bit of a surprise, but Skyla and I made it to San Jose so we could see them.  We met up with them at their hotel and splashed in the pool for a bit, then hung out at my parents' house.  One of the best things was seeing how happy Skyla was around her cousins; she could tell immediately that they were very special friends and she just lit up the whole time watching them play.











The next day we went to Santa Clara to watch the game.  It was blistering hot and I was feeling really sick (morning sickness, but I couldn't say anything cause it was still hush hush!) but I stuck it out.  We escaped the heat for a bit by going into a tunnel up above the stands and watched the big kids play soccer with Uncle Geordie.  Mostly I just hung out with Colleen and got all caught up -- it was great cause I hadn't seen her in a long time!  It was a great weekend overall.  We're hoping to make a trip to see them very soon!





No comments:

Post a Comment