family

family

Sunday, June 2, 2013

Silly little eater

Skyla is becoming such a silly, funny girl.  One of our favorite things to do is eat together, especially when I discover healthy things that she enjoys eating.  She has been a fan of raisins pretty much ever since she had teeth!  And ever since she could walk, she has loved walking around with a bunch of them in a bag, stuffing them in her mouth (and losing a lot of them in the process!)  When I changed her on this particular day, I discovered what I thought was an extremely scary blow-out, but it turned out to be a bunch of rogue raisins that had traveled down her onesie and gotten stuck near her diaper!


A post about Skyla's favorite foods wouldn't be complete without mentioning her all-time favorite: formaggio!  She takes after her father and his extreme love for cheese.  I don't mind because e' una parte cosi' importante della cultura italiana!



And our newest obsession: peanut butter and jelly!  I've managed to make it somewhat healthy by always choosing organic and low-sugar when possible, and luckily she doesn't mind.  The tricky part is figuring out how to limit her to just 2 small sandwiches or cracker sandwiches per day!  



The other thing she's started doing that cracks me up is moving food around from container to container.  She has a picnic basket with all kinds of plastic plates, utensils, and fake food, but recently she has started putting her own food on the plates as well.  I just love watching her organizing everything in her own little crazy, silly, fun world!





No comments:

Post a Comment